FORUMS: list search recent posts

add swf gallery to html page!

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Meadesadd swf gallery to html page!
by on Jun 17, 2005 at 8:03:18 am

Hi, not great with web stuff but I've made a flash gallery of some photos using CS2 Photoshop (cool) but can't
work out how to get it inside a html page using Dreamweaver MX. Yep, look at the help pages but....

The swf plays via the Flash Player and also loads into a web browser by clicking the index.html (made by CS2)
In dreamweaver, I use the insert flash onto a page and all seems okay but all I get is a blank white square
where it should be. It also won't play in dreamweaver (via it's play in window button).

To insert it into a html page does it need just the swf file or other stuff? CS2 made a few extra files.js stuff etc.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

G5 Dual 2, 10.3.8, FCPHD 4.5,AEPB 6.5, Decklink Extreme, Motion etc
Have Tiger and Apple Pro suite but too afraid to install!

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: add swf gallery to html page!
by on Jun 17, 2005 at 3:53:02 pm

a basic flash embed should only need the activex and embed tags - it's hard to say from this remote vantage point what the issue could be (can you post a version of this anywhere for us to test?), but here's two potential culprits:

1. somehow the movie path in the embed code is not valid
2. maybe you have really tight activex controls on your box so the flash won't play?

i would try with another browser like firefox or the likes to see if it's browser-specific...also post a version somewhere online for us to try as well!

hope that helps...

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved