FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop to GoLive TEXT?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JasonPhotoshop to GoLive TEXT?
by on Jun 14, 2005 at 8:45:19 pm

Hello,

Is there a way to keep text (text) when I go from Photoshop CS 2 to GoLive CS 2?

In other words can I make LINKS out of text imported from Photoshop?

Whenever I import / Photoshop smart file / Gif into GoLive it always wants a Gif file I just want to keep the text the way I have it?

Thank You
Jason

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Photoshop to GoLive TEXT?
by on Jun 14, 2005 at 9:53:38 pm

hello...

i think it wouldn't matter, ya? if you want them to be text (text) links on the actual page then they won't be graphics anyway in the end, and if they are your custom font then they'll end up gifs anyway...

you can make a link out of a gif as well - just put your href around the img src tag and set the border of the image to 0 and you'll be good to go as it will end up being that in the end anyway, ya?

sitruc

Return to posts index

JasonRe: Photoshop to GoLive TEXT?
by on Jun 15, 2005 at 1:29:23 pm

Ummmmm.....what :o

You lost me!

I'm not good with HTML....I guess I should have said that before

MLCinema

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Photoshop to GoLive TEXT?
by on Jun 15, 2005 at 2:55:05 pm

hello...

in a web page, text links are either:

a) text rendered by the browser in a basic font (times, arial, etc.) with a link tag surrounding it

b) gif files with link tags surrounding them

if you are making a nav menu and you want it to be plain text, then you do that in html and not photoshop (you can mock up in photoshop, but ultimately you'll leave a blank space in the design and make html text for the links). on the other hand, if you're making a nav menu with either an a-typical font that needs to be a gif file in the end or you are adding some sort of graphical treatment to it, then they will need to become gif files that you add links to to make them work...

so the end result in your case (based on what i can tell) is that golive has automatically turned your fancy nav menu into gif files so that they can be displayed on web pages...so if you need to change the text, you'll need to repeat the process up to where you are now...

sitruc

Return to posts index

JasonRe: Photoshop to GoLive TEXT?
by on Jun 15, 2005 at 5:50:39 pm

O....ok I got you!

Thank You
Jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]