FORUMS: list search recent posts

Attaching a html 'image' to an e-mail HOW?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
BRIANAttaching a html 'image' to an e-mail HOW?
by on Jun 8, 2005 at 7:52:13 pm

Can anyone help me out with this...I am not very well versed in this sort of thing.

I am trying to attach an image to an e-mail message but it needs to be html NOT an attached jpg.

I have Adobe GoLive. If I create a html file (having placed my jpg image into it) and attach it to my e-mail all I get is a GoLive file. No Image.
I've also tried cut and pasting the code from the same html but no image ... just code shows.

I have a nessesity to do an e-mail large mailing and the company that will be
sending it out requires me to include only a html file.

Lastly I want to have the receipient to be able to click on the image to link to a web site.

I'd be happy to pay someone alittle to help me out.

Thanks Brian

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Attaching a html 'image' to an e-mail HOW?
by on Jun 9, 2005 at 4:23:44 pm

hello...

you need to send an html-formatted email. i don't know what scripting language you'd be using, but they all can do it - you just set the content type to text/html and then put html content in your email...

if you want to do html mailings, you might want to try a free cgi mailer such as subscribeme lite - http://www.siteinteractive.com/subscribe/

sitruc

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: Attaching a html 'image' to an e-mail HOW?
by on Jun 10, 2005 at 7:55:29 pm

Curtis you always rock. I've been looking for something like this for awhile. Albeit not very hard. I installed it and after a few configs had it runnnig. Seems to work simply and easily. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Attaching a html 'image' to an e-mail HOW?
by on Jun 10, 2005 at 7:57:29 pm

hello...

ya - that's a good one. i have used it before on a few different projects and it's always been great...

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]