FORUMS: list search recent posts

intuitive interface for new website?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JPDintuitive interface for new website?
by on May 19, 2005 at 5:07:33 pm

Hi. I'm working on a site which is kinda like a video database. I have designed it so that there's a small logo or photo of the particular "business" on the left and a short descriptive paragraph to the right. This is repeated vertically for subsequent businesses.

the problem is that i'm using java video, and while clicking on the image or the hyperlinked name of the business will open the video, i'm afraid that since there are no q.t. or windows media logos next to the images, it might not be as intuitive as i'd like it to be.

currently there is a cursor change when you roll over the images, but no other rollover effect. what other methods are employable and effective in indicating that the images are undoubtedly links to video (without being totally obnoxious or ugly).

any input would help. THANKS in advance.

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: intuitive interface for new website?
by on May 19, 2005 at 6:13:12 pm

well - a few things could work - one would be a universal "movie" icon (typically a bit of film) - so something like one of these:

but then also i'd suggest maybe adding a resolution and file size - so like this (using html for example, and just swiping an image from the google search for the sake of this exercise):

Sample Movie
320x240 - 3.5 Mb

just a suggestion... :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved