FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone got info on using MenuMachine with Adobe GoLiveCS? I'm having an issue

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
baillanAnyone got info on using MenuMachine with Adobe GoLiveCS? I'm having an issue
by on May 14, 2005 at 3:45:00 pm

First of all, I am one of those people that designs pages visually...I wish I knew html, but I don't. I bought a book and I'm very slowly learning.

When I design a menu in GoLive, I normally desgn it complete with links, actions, rollovers, etc. and save it as a component. I then drag my menu as a component onto a layout grid or table, depending on what I'm doing...on each page in my site.

Now I bought MenuMachine and I don't know if you can save it as a component...or if I'm even supposed to. I'm confused by it. If I try to drag the MenuMachine icon into a table or layout grid it says that it shouldn't be placed inside another object. It's killing me that I can't figure this thing out. If you can't save it as a component how do you get the same menu on all your pages without re-doing it each time? Are there any simple tips out there for us visual-page-designers :) on how to get the same menu from menu machine to work on each page?? And...if you are designing a page using a layout grid or table, how you get the MenuMachine on that page?

Thanks in advance everyone!
Baillan

Return to posts index

sethRe: Anyone got info on using MenuMachine with Adobe GoLiveCS? I'm having an issue
by on May 18, 2005 at 5:08:02 pm

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that had a question about that.

1. You can save your menu as a component.
2. As it says, don't place that component in an item.
3. Place the component as the last item on your page. The position you determine when you first design the menu will be respected when you insert the component. An example: if I design a menu, using MenuMachine, to be displayed at the top of the page and save it as a component, whenever I pull that component into another page and place the component at the bottom of the page, the menu will actually appear at the top of the page where you originally designed it.

I hope that helped. Email me if you have any questions. I rarely check this forum. seth (_at_) sethtaylor (_dot_) com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]