FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text Fields for FTP login

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JasonText Fields for FTP login
by on Apr 15, 2005 at 2:38:52 am

I would like to create text fields on my site where clients can login to my FTP. I was told by my hosting company that it is possible. Can someone help me with the programming?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Text Fields for FTP login
by on Apr 16, 2005 at 2:25:27 am

hello...

this is a hard one to answer - you can write file upload scripts in just about any scripting language, which won't need to make use of ftp - they work on the typical port 80 instead of ftp ports, but they do the trick just fine....

do you have reference to the documentation where they say this so that i can see what they mean?

sitruc

Return to posts index

JasonRe: Text Fields for FTP login
by on Apr 16, 2005 at 1:28:08 pm

I actually talked with an APlus Hosting tech support guy. He said, "...keep in mind, you can only do this through Internet Explorer." That is the only help he offered. Other than that, he said I should talk to a programmer.

Return to posts index

JasonRe: Text Fields for FTP login
by on Apr 16, 2005 at 1:31:53 pm

The following is a post from the Dreamweaver forum.

If you just need a simple client area script (well, it's not simple really) then Curtis (in charge of the Web Design forum) has one for free that I've implemented on my site. You set up users and their access (upload/download) and they login and can see only files you upload just for them.

I looked for the post he is referring to, but couldn't find it.

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Text Fields for FTP login
by on Apr 16, 2005 at 5:57:31 pm

hello...

ya - if you have php on your server then you could use that (i'm the curtis they're referring to)...here's the zip file:

http://www.sitruc.com/downloads/php_client_area.zip

it's got an install and suggestions for seeing if you can run it in the _INSTALL.txt file...

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]