FORUMS: list search recent posts

Livestream hardware encoder solution?

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Kellam
Livestream hardware encoder solution?
on Sep 12, 2019 at 5:31:04 pm

Hi,

We have been livestreaming a broadcast for several years sending a single stream through an intermediary service to YouTube and Facebook. The content is primarily talking and cooking. We've been using a Logitech C930e webcam and a Rode short shotgun mic with OBS encoding the stream on a Macbook Pro.

We would like to upgrade our workflow to achieve a better look. We would also like to integrate a standalone hardware encoder to reduce occasional CPU and memory issues from overdriving the Mac .

We would like the workflow to allow us to input and switch 2 or 3 hdmi cameras and add graphics and images.

Are you aware of a solution that would be able to accomplish the encoding and switching (not including cameras), preferably for $3000 or less? I don't mind using the mac, but not for the video encoding.

I have been researching it, but with many devices I have seen, it is unclear to me whether the systems are strictly single camera encoders or whether they are capable of what we need.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Mike

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Livestream hardware encoder solution?
on Sep 26, 2019 at 3:48:11 am
Last Edited By Vince Becquiot on Sep 26, 2019 at 3:49:13 am

I would just buy a couple of nice laptops for main and backup and look at VMix, it should have everything you need plus more.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]