FORUMS: list search recent posts

Seeking advice on event video setup

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Dow
Seeking advice on event video setup
on Aug 21, 2019 at 7:40:36 pm

I'm switching HDMI video from SONY A7s and GoPro with a Blackmagic Design ATEM switcher, and mixing in Powerpoint slides. I'm converting the Camera HDMI with Blackmagic Up/Down/Cross convertors so that they play nice with the Powerpoint Laptops. The audio is the output of the Mackie audio mixer, with multiple microphones. I notice a little latency on the projection screens. What do you use to get everything to sync? I also plan on sending audio and video to Blackmagic Web Presenter, but haven't used it yet. Any suggestions to make my life easier?

Thanks in advance,
JPD

JPD

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
Re: Seeking advice on event video setup
on Aug 21, 2019 at 8:41:06 pm

You have 2 issues you are dealing with:
1) video sync with the projection screens
2) audio sync with your master output

I'm not totally familiar with the ATEM, but is there any sync adjustment within the unit via laptop?
Not sure if the A7 out is realtime, there may be delay there.
How far away are your cameras? Can you come directly in with HDMI? The convertors are adding at least 1 frame delay.
Can you run the mackie into one of the cameras and choose that camera as the main audio source?
You should be able to change the PC settings to 720 or 1080 on the graphics output and leave your cameras on a standard video setting.
How are you connected to the projectors? Those adapters add latency too.

Steve

Return to posts index

James Dow
on Aug 26, 2019 at 9:18:09 pm

I'l have to check on any sync adjustment available with the ATEM. One camera is only about 20 ft from the ATEM. The other camera is probably 200 ft away. I could run the output of the Mackie to a camera, and then send to recorder via HDMI. The house AV was taking my SDI feed from the ATEM, feeding a SDI DA, then sending to projectors via HDMI convertors.

Thanks,
JPD

JPD

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
on Aug 22, 2019 at 11:01:54 pm

You'll almost always have a little latency on the video side. You have the switcher processing, projector processing and camera processing.

You could delay the audio, but that would likely throw the talents off. You can however delay audio coming from the computers if you have a digital mixer or a delay unit.

What kind of latency are you looking at?

Unfortunately, the A7 can't be Genlocked, so that would not be easily solvable if it's significant.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]