FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live event to remote screens

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Terry
Live event to remote screens
on Aug 14, 2019 at 6:34:49 pm

Hi all...

I don't really usually do live events (my work is more single-cam scripted cinematic type shooting), so I rarely if ever come to this forum... but I have a need that is definitely in the live-event realm so I'm hoping someone has advice for me.

We have live corporate event coming up, a company's big anniversary celebration. We'll be shooting speakers and dignitaries, blasted to big screens in the building. That's all easy enough.

The kicker is that they also want a big-screen setup elsewhere, outdoors in the parking lot of an adjacent building, where there will be other activities going on.

So... how do I get my audio/video signal from "Point A" to "Point B"?... it's probably about a thousand feet, give or take.

I can think of a few different ways to do that, but none seem absolutely ideal, and I'm not sure what is the easiest/best/most reliable way, or what is the go-to method to do this in the industry these days.

Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Live event to remote screens
on Aug 15, 2019 at 12:03:47 am

Hi Todd!

The only full proof method is to just rent a reel of fiber with the flavor you need at both ends (HDMI/SDI) and find a way to hang it along, or hopefully you'll find a way to run in on the ground. Nationwide Video, VER should have those.

Once you get the cable outside, you could also beam wirelessly as long as you have line of sight. The Teradek Bolt 3000 would do the job (up to 10,000 feet).

Good luck!

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Matt Geiser
on Aug 15, 2019 at 1:03:26 am

Tactical fiber and convertors would be my move. Try not to use wireless unless absolutely necessary.

You can reach out to us, info AT icenineproductions.com if you need more info or help designing the system.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Aug 15, 2019 at 4:21:57 am

Thanks guys, appreciate that.

I loathe wireless anything and I love wired everything... but in this case I think wireless might be the answer. I don't think I can physically run a line between points, there's weird terrain and a fairly busy road between points. There is, however a perfectly clear line-of-site.

After I posted here I had looked at the Teradek systems, I'm going to check them out a bit more. I haven't seen much on the 3000, but the 1000 can be rented surprisingly cheaply.

Thanks guys!

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on Aug 15, 2019 at 12:38:12 pm

Hi Todd

What’s the resolution of the video wall and what is the resolution of the live video and any video inserts?

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Aug 15, 2019 at 7:51:52 pm

Hey Tom...

I don't know the resolution of the montiors and/or projectors or whatever they have in mind... that's all on the client, and I doubt they know yet either.

On our end though, we'll be providing them 1080/24p.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]