FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live Streaming - Simple Options

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Raby
Live Streaming - Simple Options
on Mar 20, 2019 at 8:53:12 pm

A very specific query for which I have done plenty of research with no clear answer so I'm throwing it open to the community!

I am wondering which camcorders have built-in capability to live stream direct to Facebook / Youtube, via at most a phone app and data.

I would like to shoot some interviews direct to Facebook live, and would rather avoid taking a computer with me into the field for this specific task due to location. Likewise I am aware of the Teradek option but would prefer to keep things simple if possible.

I have the GoPro5 which, via the phone App and using phone data could be an option. But are there any other cameras that are so natively geared up for live streaming via a phone like this? Is it simply a question of having the right camera and phone app combination?

Perhaps a bit of a broad question, but I'd be grateful for any inputs.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Live Streaming - Simple Options
on Mar 21, 2019 at 5:25:19 pm

I believe Cannon and Panasonic and Sony all have camcorders that can do this. Your stream will be pretty weak coming off a single modem, and you probably need to send that to a CDN to mirror and host the output.

Return to posts index

Alex Raby
Re: Live Streaming - Simple Options
on Mar 24, 2019 at 11:38:31 am

Thank you for your reply.

Does anyone know which models specifically might be the best option, and which phone app would be needed to then output on Facebook Live? Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]