FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video projection with multiple audio tracks

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip James
Video projection with multiple audio tracks
on Jan 3, 2019 at 5:27:29 pm

I am going to be projecting a 42 min HD video file from my MacBook Pro at a live performance. I want to play out 8 separate audio tracks, ideally as part of the video file. I'll output those audio tracks as 4 separate pairs. I'll then be performing live parts along with this.

I am wondering what the best way forward might be for this. I have VLC, Quicktime and Resolume, although I am not sure how well any of them will work with multiple audio tracks and routing separate outs. I also want the picture quality and playback stability to be as high as possible.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Video projection with multiple audio tracks
on Jan 3, 2019 at 10:16:36 pm
Last Edited By Vince Becquiot on Jan 3, 2019 at 10:22:28 pm

You should be able to send out multiple channels of audio from pretty much any playback software. This will be handled by the OSX audio hardware settings.

You should look into a USB I/O interface like MOTU http://motu.com/products

As for the software itself, Resolume is way overkill for just simple playback, by if you own it, why not.

Otherwise, Playback Pro, QLab, Mitti or Millumin. Whatever you chose, get a backup :-)

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Philip James
Re: Video projection with multiple audio tracks
on Jan 4, 2019 at 9:03:16 am

Thanks Vince

I didn't realise that these video playback options could all work with multiple audio tracks. I already have a MOTU 8M for audio output so I'm covered on that side. I guess the big question is whether I run the audio from a DAW and sync it via SMPTE to my video file or whether I run a multitrack video file and route the tracks to different outputs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]