BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Graffiti: 3D Title with Texture, and Flickering Flare and Logo Coming together

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Long
Boris Graffiti: 3D Title with Texture, and Flickering Flare and Logo Coming together
on Aug 14, 2016 at 7:07:10 am

Is it possible with Boris Graffiti to to create title cards like in these trailers for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain?

Is it also possible with Boris to create a logo that comes together like in the intro for Metal Gear Solid 2

I am using the Boris that came with Corel Video Studio Pro x6 ultimate

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Boris Graffiti: 3D Title with Texture, and Flickering Flare and Logo Coming together
on Aug 16, 2016 at 4:38:06 pm

Hi Jeff,

Yes, you should be able to recreate the animated titles that are shown in the examples that you posted using Boris Graffiti. Here are some links to some free tutorials and training videos that might help you generate these looks : https://borisfx.com/blogs/videos/tagged/graffiti

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jeff Long
Re: Boris Graffiti: 3D Title with Texture, and Flickering Flare and Logo Coming together
on Oct 24, 2016 at 4:58:37 pm

I have a question about the Type On Text filter with Boris 3D objects with Hitfilm Pro/Express. Can I animate each individual letter with different rotation, and tumble like in the Title Studio tutorial linked here

https://borisfx.com/blogs/videos/type-on-text-animations-with-bcc-title-stu...

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Oct 24, 2016 at 5:10:13 pm

Hi Jeff,

The animation that is in the linked video can easily be done with the BCC Type-On Text filter. here are the steps :

(1) apply BCC Type-On Text filter to a source clip
(2) set the desired text in the text generator window, which opens automatically when you apply the filter, and then close the generator window
(3) enable the Type On option
(4) in the Type-On Reveal group, set Rotate Y value to 90

Now as you scrub through the timeline, the letters will automatically rotate on. No keyframes are necessary to generate this type of effect. If you need more help with this please let me know.

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jeff Long
on Oct 24, 2016 at 7:12:09 pm

What I would like to do is the 3d title intro created in this linked tutorial on youtube by surfaced studio

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Oct 24, 2016 at 7:19:31 pm

The modeling and animation of the title in this piece can be generated quite easily using the BCC Type-On Text filter. Are you struggling with a particular aspect of generating this result?

Return to posts index

Jeff Long
on Oct 25, 2016 at 6:35:51 am

I don't have the actual filter yet, I'm researching before I buy. I tried to do it with the Graffiti that came with VideoStudio 6 Ultimate, but I couldn't get it to look right. The type on effect only rotates each letter the same. I made 2 copies of the text, one was the logo as a whole. The other I converted to a 3D container to break the word into letters. When I did that, the textures mapped to each letter individually instead of the text as a whole.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:57:26 pm

Hi Jeff,

You should be able to use Graffiti to generate the result you have in mind. Please send me an email and I'll provide you with a Graffiti template that you can use as a starting point. You can reach me at peterm(at)borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]