BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Why BCC 10 control points are simpler in Vegas Pro and more elaborated in Avid Media Composer?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Silva
Why BCC 10 control points are simpler in Vegas Pro and more elaborated in Avid Media Composer?
on Aug 4, 2016 at 12:29:39 pm

Hi,

I would appreciate to know why BCC 10 control points are simpler in Vegas Pro and more elaborated in Avid Media Composer?

The following snapshots show Vegas control points, which are simpler crosses, almost invisible. In Avid, the crosses are clearer, with visible colors (green, pink). Also in Avid, for some BCC effects, there are circles (green, blue, red) providing the main controls on preview screen, in order you can just drag and drop the handlers for adjusts. These circles aren't seen in Vegas.

Snapshots: http://www.evernote.com/l/AebHkj1mkZRC8aAGtCa36BH5NU-c2YhuL5I/

Thanks!
Carlos_

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
Re: Why BCC 10 control points are simpler in Vegas Pro and more elaborated in Avid Media Composer?
on Aug 5, 2016 at 6:09:34 pm

Hello Carlos.

This was actually due to a limitation in the OFX architecture's operational capacity, but this has opened up recently. Since this possibility has opened up now, we are in the process of introducing these on-screen controls for the OFX-based plugs.

Thanks.

Jon

Return to posts index

Carlos Silva
Re: Why BCC 10 control points are simpler in Vegas Pro and more elaborated in Avid Media Composer?
on Aug 5, 2016 at 6:57:39 pm

Thanks for the info Jon. What a great news!
Is the on-screen controls for the OFX-based plugins a development that depends just from Boris side, or should Vegas also improve its OFX architecture? I mean, if Boris implement the on-screen controls, will them work even in current/past versions of Vegas (e.g. Vegas 11, 12, 13)?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]