BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC 10 Library browser in After Effects

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ronald CzarneckiBCC 10 Library browser in After Effects
by on Apr 24, 2016 at 11:02:46 pm
Last Edited By Ronald Czarnecki on Apr 25, 2016 at 2:17:11 am

I am trying to use the library browser in AE to view and select a transition. I have a video on the top track and a jpeg on the bottom.

When I open up the library browser I see the transition play for the entire clip. This makes it hard to see the clip play through even with the resolution at 1/8.

How can I shorten the duration of the transition being viewed?

I tried to trim the track but I got a smaller transition not the whole effect.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC 10 Library browser in After Effects
by on Apr 29, 2016 at 8:23:50 pm

Hi Ronald,

You need to apply the filter to a shorter clip in the timeline. The FX Browser will assume that you want to filter the entire length of the clip.

When you state that you tried trimming the track I'm assuming from the result that you describe that you mean you moved the trim heads in the FX Browser ... right?

I hope this helps,

Return to posts index

Ronald CzarneckiRe: BCC 10 Library browser in After Effects
by on May 17, 2016 at 10:08:48 pm

Thanks, still having problems and this is really slowing down my workflow. Avid Media Composer has no problem with BCC 10 library browser but AE sure does.

In this picture you can see I am doing a light leak transition over a precomp with a video inside. Works fine as I have it set up but try to look at the browser to pick a different version and it only plays the top video track. Frustration and makes me want to work in Media Composer.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC 10 Library browser in After Effects
by on Jun 9, 2016 at 9:42:09 pm

Hey Ron,

Sorry for the huge delay in responding ... I don't check this forum every day and didn't know that you had replied.

So in regard to what you're seeing, here's the scoop :

(1) The FX Browser in After Effects has not been programmed to do what you're asking, which is to pull up an alternate layer source so what you are seeing is actually expected. Yes, this works in Avid and in OFX hosts but not (currently) in After Effects.
(2) I've discussed this issue with engineering and they have told me that it's possible to program the filter to do this so I've submitted a request in the engineering database for this to be done. It will become available as a free update to BCC 10 users.
(3) In the meantime, you can use the standalone FX Browser filter in AE to preview all presets from every filter and transition to aid in selecting the preset that you want to use (the standalone includes the background feature). Once you find the preset that you like, you delete the standalone FX Browser filter, apply the transition that you want and load up the preset.

I hope this helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved