<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kuhnen Brown
RED OpenCL distorts text
on Nov 21, 2015 at 5:43:36 pm

OS X 10.11.1
Nvidia GTX 680 MAC edition
up to date CUDA driver
RED 5.6

I have a simple text track using 36-point type, no keyframes. When Open CL is turned on, text in the composite window is so large it goes off the screen. When Open CL is turned off, text is normal. My graphics card passes your test successfully. Could this have something to do with El Cap?
Thanks,
Kuhnen

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
Re: RED OpenCL distorts text
on Nov 23, 2015 at 11:18:39 pm

Hello Kuhnen,

A few questions quickly. First, when you refer to the OpenCL, are you referring to the OpenGL? I ask because RED does not incorporate OpenCL in either preview or rendering. Also, is this 36 Pt text within another layer, such as a Title Container or 3D Container? If it is, is the overall Scale for this Container set to 100% the whole time? Is this inside RED stand-alone, or are you using RED inside of a Host? If you are using RED inside of a Host, I presume that you see this problem immediately inside the RED interface, rather than after you go back into the Host?

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

Kuhnen Brown
on Nov 24, 2015 at 12:10:28 am

Great questions Jon,
You are correct, this issue is about Open GL. I am using RED stand-alone for my work. The text is in its own track, and not part of a container.
1. Start with OpenGL mode OFF.
2. Select the Add Vector Text icon to open a new track
3. Enter type in the text window and Update.
4. Text looks fine in the composite window. The shape track scale is 100 percent.
5. Under Preview menu, select OpenGL mode to ON (any of the caching selections).
6. In the Composite window the Text is now blown way out of scale

You should also know this behavior appears to only happen with Text. The graphics tracks in the comp are not affected/distorted when using OpenGL. My GTX 680 is passing the RED test, but I still wonder if this card is the problem.
Thanks for helping,
Mark.

Kuhnen Brown
InterMountain Digital
Oregon

Return to posts index

Kuhnen Brown
on Nov 25, 2015 at 12:44:57 am

Good news Jon,
When working with 3D Plane shape text, my RED OpenGL displays the type correctly. Adding 3D Line Art vector text is what stumps my graphics card with distorted display. Like I said earlier this OGL issue is with text only.
So how about that?
Thanks for your help on this.
Kuhnen

Kuhnen Brown
InterMountain Digital
Oregon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]