BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve MottBoris IMPORTING STILLS problem
by on Nov 18, 2015 at 10:29:19 pm

When I import a photo file(square pixels) using either BorisFX red engine or AvidFX, Boris imports the image smaller than it's native size. In the Media Info window: Image size - Boris displays the native size and also the imported size. I created new compositions and imported different images - didn't work. I closed out and restarted the program - didn't work. Restarted computer - didn't work. Finally, shut down and restarted...this also didn't work either. Anybody have any idea why?

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: Boris IMPORTING STILLS problem
by on Nov 19, 2015 at 5:53:13 pm

Hello Steve,

When you Import, are you doing this by using the File > Import command, or are you using the 'Add Image Media' button in the RED timeline? If you're going through the File > Import approach, does using the Add Image Media approach cause the same problem? Is this happening in the stand-alone version of the RED or Avid FX engines, or just when loaded from Avid (or any other host)? Lastly, is it both the X and Y pixels that are adjusting, or just one of these two dimensions?

Return to posts index

Steve MottRe: Boris IMPORTING STILLS problem
by on Nov 30, 2015 at 3:50:05 pm

Ended up being the preview quality and preview resolution I was working in. While working in lo-res, the import size reflects this change.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved