BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

More animations in Boris RED

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert JeffersonMore animations in Boris RED
by on Sep 30, 2015 at 6:04:20 pm

Cows,

I'm working on the next marketing video for my company, and I needed to model some heavy machinery. Check it out! These are the base models - they'll need faces and colors added and lighting adjustments:

Return to posts index

Marcus WarrenRe: More animations in Boris RED
by on Oct 7, 2015 at 1:51:26 am

What did you model these in and what part will RED play?

Return to posts index

Robert JeffersonRe: More animations in Boris RED
by on Oct 7, 2015 at 2:03:41 am

Hi Marcus! I modeled them in RED. As always, I'll use RED for all modeling and animations.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 7, 2015 at 5:12:07 pm

Wow! I sure hope that the guys from BorisFX are paying attention to your work, and will develop tools, filters and techniques for RED that build on and support RED's capabilities in modelling and animation. BTW, I want to talk to you about an idea for RED. I'll be in touch.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 7, 2015 at 8:12:49 pm

It would be cool if BorisFX would expand RED's modeling and animation capabilities, but my guess is that they don't want to play in that space.

However, I do hope that they find some value in how I'm putting RED to use. I'll keep posting these things until they tell me to knock it off :)

Return to posts index

by on Oct 7, 2015 at 8:35:10 pm

Tutorials from you would be great. Are you using layered vector objects/art for some of your models?

Return to posts index

by on Oct 7, 2015 at 8:59:54 pm

THAT WAS SICK!

Return to posts index

by on Oct 7, 2015 at 8:56:11 pm

Yeah, I may be working with BorisFX on a tutorial some time in the near future - depends on their priorities.

These models are a collection of extruded shapes, containerized with pivot points adjusted as needed. The Earth Mover's boom was the only shape that I chose to draw outside of RED and import in for extrusion. Otherwise, everything was drawn and extruded in RED.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]