BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Continuum Complete creating frame jump in Premiere Pro CC 2015

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Callahan
Boris Continuum Complete creating frame jump in Premiere Pro CC 2015
on Sep 24, 2015 at 7:08:59 pm

Hello all,

Been having this issue for a few weeks and after much frustration. I'm hoping you guys can lend a hand.

I have installed the Boris Continuum Complete transition set into my version of Premiere (updated to most recent version 2015.0.02). I am currently working on a green screen piece where I have motion effects (position and scale) applied to the chroma key matte subject, with the background independent from the matte subject clip.

When I go to apply a transition to a clip, the transition will perform fine. However, at the end frame of the transition (the first frame after the transition is finished), the incoming clip will jump 10-15 pixels out of place, creating a very noticeable jump cut. I have tried multiple workarounds to solve this issue, one of which included manually keyframing the frames back to back so there is a visual match. This is a rather long piece with many cuts, so I would rather not have to do that for every single transition.

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful. I have tried using the transitions on nested sequences containing the green screen elements, as well as working with them independently.

I am thoroughly stumped... Please help!

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
Re: Boris Continuum Complete creating frame jump in Premiere Pro CC 2015
on Sep 25, 2015 at 7:20:09 pm

Hello Dann

Do you think you can send me a quick render/export of this transition? You can relay it to me at support@borisfx.com. Also, if you don't perform Scaling and/or Position adjustments (primarily scaling), does the problem continue? Does this seem to happen with all of the BCC Transitions, or just one or two?

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

Dan Callahan
Re: Boris Continuum Complete creating frame jump in Premiere Pro CC 2015
on Oct 21, 2015 at 3:27:52 pm

Hi Jon, thank you for the response and sorry for the late reply. Have been a bit between projects where I have not been running into this issue.

My current project is seeing the same issue I discussed above. The transition in question would be BCC Rays Dissolve, the jump issue I discussed above is occurring once again. This does not appear to be specific to any particular transition, but rather applies to all the transitions when used on an ultra keyed clip.

This is on a Windows 7 machine with Premiere Pro CC 2015.0.2 installed. I have made jpgs of my timeline as well as exporting a sample video of the problem. Will send over to the email you mentioned above.

Thanks!
- Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]