BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC 'Launch Text Window' no longer working in Sony Vegas

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seb Smith
BCC 'Launch Text Window' no longer working in Sony Vegas
on Jun 13, 2015 at 10:50:58 pm
Last Edited By Seb Smith on Jun 13, 2015 at 10:52:41 pm

Clicking the 'launch text window' now does nothing, the window does not open at all.

I've never had any issue with this function before, but now the button does nothing. I'm currently running Sony Vegas 12 and Boris FX version 9.0.2, and Windows 7 Home Premium fully updated.

Does anybody have any experience with solving this issue?

I have tried deleting my Boris FX and Sony Vegas folder in my Appdata folder as per this thread: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/15/864580 , however it has not helped. I have reinstalled Sony Vegas and Boris FX to no avail.

I've seen multiple issues like this when googling posted very recently.

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
Re: BCC 'Launch Text Window' no longer working in Sony Vegas
on Jun 15, 2015 at 3:22:50 pm

Hello Seb,

Was there anything that came up where, afterward, the window stopped launching? Primarily, do you know if any Windows or Vegas updates were installed recently? Also, in case, try applying both (in order, if possible) the BCC Type On Text and BCC Extruded Spline. I wanted to check if both also failed, if neither, or if the BCC Type On Text is failing while the Extruded Spline is functional - if this is the case, the problem could be tied to one or more Font files on the system.

Just to confirm, after the Text window fails to appear, does Vegas still run as before, or does it freeze/slow-down?

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

Seb Smith
on Jun 16, 2015 at 4:16:23 pm

Hello, yes windows has updated recently and I was able to access another computer that has BCC installed too, it wasn't working on that either, which leads me to think this is a Windows update causing it.

Extruded EPS & Spline both seem to be working fine, and Vegas works as normal after the window fails to appear.

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
on Jun 16, 2015 at 5:10:30 pm

Seb,

In the other forum discussion, you say that this problem came up on 2 systems at the same time? If so, there could be something in the Windows update that could be taking place. I've alerted some people here of the situation in case.

Is BCC Type On Text exhibiting the same problem?

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

Seb Smith
on Jun 16, 2015 at 10:02:31 pm
Last Edited By Seb Smith on Jun 16, 2015 at 10:29:06 pm

Yes, type on text is exhibiting the same problem, and yes I do believe it is a windows update due to the fact the issue has appeared on 2 computers both of which previously worked. I'm going to try a rollback when I have some time free, I'll report back with results.]

The last time I used the feature successfully was on the 15th of May 2015, so I'll rollback to before then and see what I find.

Edit:

I've tried removing all Windows & MSE updates to the point I was last able to use the function, but it still isn't working. I'm not sure what to try after this.

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
on Jun 17, 2015 at 8:44:52 pm

Seb,

Thanks - good to know that there is that connection at least. Would you be willing to try downloading the trial for either our RED or Graffiti products? I ask because, if this is actually related to a problem with BCC loading Fonts, you should see that RED/Graffiti would also be experiencing problems - if you can try one of them and let me know if the program launches (or crashes on launch), even as a stand-alone program, that would help us dig deeper.

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

Seb Smith
on Jun 17, 2015 at 9:41:17 pm

Boris red works fine, as does the text feature in Boris red, both in Vegas and standalone.

Return to posts index

Vincent Levalois
on Nov 23, 2015 at 5:35:40 am

Any resolution to this? I'm running Win10 with latest updates, Vegas 13 build 453 and BCC 9.0.2. Launch Text Window is not opening for Type on Text or Extruded Text.

Return to posts index

Seb Smith
on Nov 29, 2015 at 11:27:26 am

I've found a workaround which is very strange; disabling your activation means the text window can start working. So deactivate the license, write your text then re-activate the license. Hopefully this also gives a lead on the fix.

Return to posts index

Erik Davis
on Oct 10, 2016 at 8:37:28 am

How do you activate and reactivate please?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]