BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

BCC9: Extruded Text Window doesn't load . . .

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Simmons
BCC9: Extruded Text Window doesn't load . . .
on Jun 11, 2015 at 4:48:27 am

Hey Guys/Gals,

Newbie here. I did an extensive search before posting this.

I have BCC9 and I'm trying to add extruded text over a video file. I open up a video track (Sony Vegas 13), add an empty event. Drop extruded text on the track. Video Event window opens. I push on 'Launch Text Window' button and nothing happens. It does change colors (darkens) like its launching but the text edit window never opens. It seams like it should be an easy fix.

My system:
Sony Vegas 13 build 444
i7 4930k
16gb ram 2133
2X nvidia gtx580's (Latest Driver)
Corsair AX1200i
SSD HD (Boot Drive)
2 TB Storage
the whole things' under water.

James Simmons

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
Re: BCC9: Extruded Text Window doesn't load . . .
on Jun 11, 2015 at 3:08:00 pm

James,

Sorry that you are having this problem. A few questions to start.

First, did this function operate initially after you installed BCC OFX? If so, was there anything, such as an update to BCC, Vegas or Windows, after which this function stopped? Does Vegas itself remain functioning after this window fails to launch? Lastly, which exact version of BCC OFX 9 are you running? The latest version is BCC OFX 9.0.2d, so if you're running an earlier version, I would recommend Uninstalling that and reinstalling using this update.

In addition, I would recommend Closing Vegas and deleting the '13.0' folder from this location -
C:\Users\[CURRENT USER]\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro

Also, with Vegas still closed, delete any files pertaining to BCC OFX in this directory -
C:\Users\[CURRENT USER]\AppData\Local\BorisFX\Boris Continuum Complete

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

James Simmons
on Jun 11, 2015 at 3:21:29 pm

Thanks for getting back to me John. I appreciate that. I will follow your instructions later this evening once I get home. The program worked fine on a 32-bit machine and SV10 6 months ago. I recently built a new computer and installed everything. I do not remember updating the BCC software so that may be the issue.

I'll try all of your suggestions.

James

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
on Jun 15, 2015 at 6:14:47 pm

James,

Just checking in to see if you had a chance to clear these files, and if so, if clearing these files had any effect, as another user just reported what seems to be an identical situation (albeit his version of Vegas is different, so I suspect this is not a factor).

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

James Simmons
on Jun 15, 2015 at 6:34:22 pm

Sorry for the late response Jon,

Yes I tried clearing all the files. I upgraded to BCC 9.0.2d. I installed the new Sony Vegas Build 453 (just released). I uninstalled BCC 9 (using IO Uninstaller) to insure there were no artifacts left. Reinstalled BCC9. It still wont load the txt editor. It does not kill or lock Vegas; I simply close the window and continue working. All other BCCFX still work fine.

James

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
on Jun 15, 2015 at 10:48:22 pm

James,

Does the BCC Type On Text window come up? Also, does BCC Extruded Spline seem to operate fine? If not, try something like BCC Lens Flare 3D.

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

James Simmons
on Jun 16, 2015 at 2:36:46 am
Last Edited By James Simmons on Jun 16, 2015 at 2:55:43 am

Yes. Extruded Spine and Lens Flare 3D both work fine. See attached photo. This is all that comes up. When I press the launch window . . . nothing happens.

(EDIT): I also have NewBlue Titler Pro 2 and it works. All the Sony Titlers and Pro Type Titlers also work.

James

Return to posts index

Seb Smith
on Jun 16, 2015 at 4:17:45 pm

Hello, I have the same issue of you, it appeared at the same time on 2 computers. Makes me think it's a windows update causing it, perhaps the "get windows 10" update, I'd say try rolling back. (if you have windows 7)

Return to posts index

James Simmons
on Jun 16, 2015 at 6:47:48 pm

Hey Seb,

I'm running Windows 8.1 but I think there is an 'update' that caused this. My computer does not update without notifying me but I haven't a clue which one did it.

I tried restoring waaaay back to an earlier date but no luck. I (too) have searched the internet over the past few weeks and noticed more computers reported this same issue. I hope a fix is coming soon . . .

James

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
on Jun 17, 2015 at 5:42:07 pm

James,

The BCC Type On Text filter should have a pretty much identical text window - does that also fail to launch? If so, do you think you'd be willing to try the trial for either Boris RED or Boris Graffiti? I ask because if the Type On Text also does not launch, this could be the result of the filters being unable to read Font files, in which case, if it is related to the Fonts, RED and Graffiti might crash on launch if you tried to use them.

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

James Simmons
on Jun 17, 2015 at 5:54:38 pm

Absolutely! I'll download them and try them out later this evening.

James

Return to posts index

James Simmons
on Jun 17, 2015 at 8:13:32 pm

BCC9 Type on Text didn't work either. I am downloading Boris RED and Boris Graffiti now . . . .

James

Return to posts index

James Simmons
on Jun 18, 2015 at 1:21:37 am

OK. I downloaded and installed Boris Graffiti with the 15-day trial. Just like BCC9 Extruded Text, the window opens and that's it. I can press 'Launch UI' but that takes me to the stand alone product. See attached picture:

James

Return to posts index

Sam Fuller
on Nov 11, 2015 at 11:20:00 am

I'm having the exact same problem as the OP. Vegas Pro 13, Windows 7 64, BCC 9, and the window doesn't open. It doesn't open in Type On Text either. This plugin is the main reason I wanted BCC in the first place.

This is a recent installation, so I can't compare it.

I tried deleting the folders mentioned above. Didn't help.

Has anyone figured this out?

Return to posts index

Erik Davis
on Oct 10, 2016 at 8:28:04 am

I still have this exact same problem. Did anyone ever find a solution??? Thanks.

Return to posts index

James Simmons
on Oct 10, 2016 at 8:02:44 pm

I found a solution: I switched to New Blue Titler Pro 4 and never looked back.

Return to posts index

James Ollick
on Mar 6, 2017 at 1:50:22 am

Just an FYI. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS, i7 950, 12 gig mem., Vegas Pro 14 Suite, several BCC Units. I just tried and the UI comes right up on BCC Type on Text.

James Ollick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]