BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Just a few notes

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus WarrenJust a few notes
by on Apr 26, 2015 at 6:49:15 pm

- The recent webinar by Mikey Borup was very good. I hope that he will be asked to do more.

- Please add 3D Lens Flare to the Boris RED feature request list.

- I really appreciate the presets published by Eye Scream Factory and I hope that more are coming.

- In addition, I hope that you are able to convince other publishers to produce for RED the kinds of complex templates, found on Digital Juice, MotionVFX, etc., that are available for After Effects and Motion.

- BorisFX occasionally provides presets and project files for BCC but nothing for RED. RED users would like to be catered to, as well.

- Also for the RED feature request, list: video morphing and warping. Perhaps these abilities could be built into the core RED engine instead of accessed through BCC filters.

- I would like to see more tutorials (whether BCC or RED) that are focused on cinematic approaches and themes. Where BorisFX losses out to GenArts, particularly in perception, is that the GenArts products cater to the cinema industry and BorisFX products are more for motion graphics, commercials, titling, etc. Just look a the GenArts demo reels to get an understanding of what I am talking about. I certainly don't believe that your products are inferior to GenArts', but GenArts has chosen to market to the filmmaking industry which gives the impression that Sapphire, etc are higher end products.

- Something that I would like to see in tutorials, particularly for RED, is some really complex compositing; the kind that you would see in a Hollywood blockbuster.

- Allow RED to work with third party plug-ins, particularly of the After Effects variety. I don't understand why this capability was dropped.

- Much quicker releases of Boris RED. It takes 4-5 years to get a new version. As an example 5 was announced in 2010, released in 2011. We are close to halfway through 2015 and no version 6 yet. The wait for version 5 from 4 was almost as long.

- And speaking of new and improved, the industry needs a Media 100 version that works with the current MacOS and beyond and has new, modern features and capabilities. 64 bit would be nice, as well.

Thanks for listening.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Just a few notes
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 8:30:32 pm

All fair points Marcus ... thank you for mentioning all of this. I'll share this with the rest of the group here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved