BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Text warping effect

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jimmy Napton
Text warping effect
on Apr 20, 2015 at 4:11:00 pm

Hi
I'm new to this forum and to the Boris products. Recently my boss asked me to use Boris FX to do some introduction titling, and I want to use text warping effects like in Photoshop, I spend a lot of time learning Boris FX, but I can’t figure out how to apply this effect. Please post me a reference to a tutorial if it does exist or show me how to do it.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Text warping effect
on Apr 21, 2015 at 9:15:30 pm

Hi Jimmy,

Which product exactly are you using to generate warp text effects? We offer the following titling solutions:

Boris RED
Boris Graffiti
Boris Continuum Complete (BCC)

We have a lot of tutorials on our website that are focused on text and titling. If you're using custom UI product then that will mean Graffiti and RED are the targets for your search on our site. If the product you're using has a native host UI then you need to search for Boris Continuum Complete Extruded Text. You can perform those searches here:

http://www.borisfx.com/tutorials/

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Return to posts index

jimmy Napton
on Apr 21, 2015 at 11:29:00 pm

We use Boris RED 5.5

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on May 5, 2015 at 2:57:19 pm

Hey Jimmy,

So if you're using Boris RED, you can convert any text object into a spline shape and move / warp the splines just as you might in Illustrator or Photoshop. There are also many filters in Boris RED that can be used to deform / warp a text object ... for instance you can use the Ripple or Bulge filters to generate a pinch / bloat effect.

If you would like to post an image example of the specific warped text effect you're trying to create it would make it easier for me to point you toward some more specific example of how to achieve this result in RED.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]