BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

UpRez in Standalone RED

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus WarrenUpRez in Standalone RED
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 6:21:17 pm
Last Edited By Marcus Warren on Apr 11, 2015 at 4:16:25 am

I am having difficulties using UpRez on some SD DV Pal footage. I am editing in Media 100 but I am actually trying to do the uprez in standalone RED. In RED I have my project set to 1920x1080. When I try to use the Transform function in UpRez, the image scales up within the parameters of the original footage frame (like a zoom in) as opposed to scaling up to fill the 1920x1080 canvas. Locking or unlocking Scale to X returns the same results. What am I doing wrong? Would I be better off trying to perform the UpRez through Media 100 and RED as opposed to RED standalone?

I have also tried scaling first in RED (before using UpRez) then applying UpRez (no transform). This seems to work in terms of giving me 1920x1080 but I'm not sure that this is the best way to incorporate the UpRez filter.

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: UpRez in Standalone RED
by on Apr 13, 2015 at 3:36:28 pm

Quickly remove the UpRez effect from the clip in Boris RED and create a new 3D Container. Then, place the SD clip into the 3D Container, and then apply the BCC UpRez to the 3D Container itself. The Container itself will share the same dimensions as the project itself (HD) so the expansion should take place successfully now.

Hope this helps,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved