BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Animated Flip Book in RED?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus WarrenAnimated Flip Book in RED?
by on Mar 17, 2015 at 2:36:34 am

Is it easy to replicate the Animated Flip Book project in RED? If so, any special considerations, like "wiggle", etc.?

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: Animated Flip Book in RED?
by on Mar 17, 2015 at 6:42:45 pm

I was able to create a similar effect in Boris RED by using a series of two effects: the BCC Film Damage effect and the Page Turn function.

The BCC Film Damage is quick to setup, as this involves the shaking and flickering - the primary thing you'll want to do is activate (and reduce) the Shake and Flicker functions of the effect, and then dis-engage the Color, Dirt, Grain, Hair & Scratches elements. I found that with minimal flicker (maybe 1/10th the default setting) and a bit of shake (maybe 1/4 the default), I was able to get a good setup for the illusion.

As for the Page Turn, what you will want to is go to the first Keyframe and set the Offset interpolation to straight, and the Offset value to 0. Then, move forward 3-8 frames forward, and set the Offset to 100. Then, copy the first Keyframe and the latter Keyframe (and any in between, if you wanted to create a more customized animation), and Paste these Keyframes in succession. This will reset the flip effect right when it's done, giving the illusion of many pages flipping upward.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Marcus WarrenRe: Animated Flip Book in RED?
by on Mar 18, 2015 at 3:33:44 am

Thank you for your reply and the time you spent in seeking the answer. I look forward to using this technique.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved