BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Multiple tracks Red with Premiere CC2014

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert MartindaleMultiple tracks Red with Premiere CC2014
by on Mar 6, 2015 at 10:27:54 pm

I'm trying to use Red 5.5 (PC) with Premiere CC2014. I can't seem to add any additional tracks from Premiere like I can with AVIDFX and MC.

The help says:

"Premiere is limited to two source track inputs. To use additional images and files, add the images directly within RED. Enter the RED interface and add unlimited tracks in the RED timeline, importing movie and still image files, creating color, natural and gradient tracks and layering spline and text tracks over your effect."

I can't even get the two tracks (let alone the six that AVID FX allows with MC) to work. Only one. Any tips?

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: Multiple tracks Red with Premiere CC2014
by on Mar 9, 2015 at 4:50:30 pm

The way to get two tracks from Premiere Pro into RED would be to apply it as a Transition, as then the two tracks would come in representing the Incoming and Outgoing clips. You might be able to cheat this by strategically placing 2 clips side-by-side and creating a Transition between them to simulate a filter with 2 clips, but really the only way to get more than one video layer into RED from Premiere Pro would be to apply RED to one clip, and export the other clips as self-contained video items. Then, when RED is open, you can import these as external video files, and this will allow you to work with multiple video files. But using a direct approach as you would have in either Avid or FCP7 is not possible in Premiere Pro.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved