BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

trouble installing Avid FX on my new computer

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Megan Oldfieldtrouble installing Avid FX on my new computer
by on Mar 3, 2015 at 9:42:17 pm
Last Edited By Megan Oldfield on Mar 3, 2015 at 9:56:03 pm

I recently switched to a new editing system and am transferring my Avid 7.0 and Avid FX software onto it. I was able to successfully install the Avid 7.0 and activate it. But can not get Avid FX to install.

When I bought the software it was AVID FX 6.3. But the download available on the "products" page of my Avid Account is now Avid FX 6.4.

I am able to download Avid FX 6.4 and start the installer, but when I get to the registration page, it auto fills my name and email address and then says: "You may enter your Serial Number here." I have copied and pasted the serial number, typed it. left it blank. And no matter what I do the "continue" button stays greyed out. I am wondering if I need to find a 6.3 installer and then upgrade to 6.4.

I know I have the correct activation code for 6.3, and I deactivated the Avid FX on my other system.

The only other detail that I noticed is that there is a typo in the email address that is autofilled -- there is a "z" after the ".com" but I think that was there in my old registration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Megan OldfieldRe: trouble installing Avid FX on my new computer
by on Mar 3, 2015 at 9:57:19 pm

I finally figured it out. It wanted the organization or company name filled in -- even though there was not asterisk indicating it was a required field! Working just fine now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved