BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC9 transitions not applying to cut

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert MartindaleBCC9 transitions not applying to cut
by on Feb 19, 2015 at 10:05:10 pm

When I try to apply a BCC9 transition to a cut in premiere (CS6 or CC), it will only go on to the leading or trailing clip, not on the cut point. I've seen tutorials by Paul Ezzy and he just drops it on the cut no problem. Boris Red transitions work just fine. There is lots of footage on each side of the clip to make a transition. Any guidance?

Return to posts index

Robert MartindaleRe: BCC9 transitions not applying to cut
by on Feb 19, 2015 at 10:10:47 pm

Ok...answering my own post....The BCC9 transitions in the "Transitions" category work fine...the transitions in the "Effects" category don't work as expected.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 19, 2015 at 10:18:04 pm

I really have to stop doing this....it appears there is NO BCC9 transitions in the CS6 "Transitions" category, only in the "Effects" category. Its there in the CC version. No wonder I'm confused! (at least that's my excuse)

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: BCC9 transitions not applying to cut
by on Feb 23, 2015 at 10:57:41 pm

Robert,

In case you didn't receive my email earlier today, this is actually a problem with CS6 integration, as Premiere Pro CS6 is unable to load the Transitions as proper Transitions (instead, they would come in merely as the Filter equivalents); because of this, moving the CS6 plugs into the CC plugin directory will only load the Filter versions of these Transitions.

Try completely removing the filters from Premiere Pro (all versions) and even confirm that they are gone from the Premiere interface, and make sure that the BCC 9 program goes through a proper Uninstall as well. After that, try reinstalling fresh again, maybe just using the CC or CC2014 option exclusively, pointing the plugs to the 7.0 MediaCore folder.

Hope this helps,

Jon

Return to posts index

by on Feb 23, 2015 at 11:18:20 pm

Thanks Jon,

I did get your email. All is well in CC land now and I get that its not an option for CS6.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]