BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Discount codes and other stuff

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Time BlaneDiscount codes and other stuff
by on Dec 1, 2014 at 9:42:23 pm

I have received untold thousands of emails from BorisFX over the years. The past few days, I'd been getting an email about 30% sales with a discount code to use.
After trying to use the code, and being told "The code was already used", I figured this was not a legit Borisfx email.
I wrote to the sales department and was told to use a different code to order upgrades (BTW, the sales guy called me on a Sunday afternoon, which is appreciated). He stuck o the line with me, and had to give me 2 other codes before I saw the discount.
Very knowledgeable and responsive sales staff, but I do question the integrity of the company. From botched discount codes, selling our contact information to dubious lists, and a serialization process that is , well... lacking.
It might be time for these guys to put forward an effort. Things like: a working web store and user accounts that keep track of previous purchases and serial numbers, seem pretty routine these days.
If all the automated stuff worked correctly, I wouldn't need to get a return call on a Sunday (again, that was great and I appreciate it), and I wouldn't be frustrated by the lack of competence.

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: Discount codes and other stuff
by on Dec 3, 2014 at 3:40:41 pm

Dear Time Blane,

A thousand apologies for less than smooth Black Fri. experience with discount codes. Some of our customers reported a similar problem and our staff was working round the clock on the holiday weekend to help those in need. I'm happy to know that you got help on Sunday. The response to our holiday promo was overwhelming not only for the team but for the web store software as well. We'll strive to improve the webstore for future promotions. I hope everyone got the software they want for the price they like!

Happy holidays!

Boris Yamnitsky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved