BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Does BCC Image Restoration Unit Work w/ RED 5.5

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
byron kawaneDoes BCC Image Restoration Unit Work w/ RED 5.5
by on Oct 16, 2014 at 6:08:35 pm

I noticed that there is a few more controls w/ the Magic Sharp than the Sharpen and Unsharp Mask effects in RED. How does Magic Sharp compare w/ RED's sharpen tools?

Also should I use the sharpen tools before or after a noise cleanup tool like Neat Video?

Does BCC Image Restoration Unit Work w/ RED 5.5?

Thanks,
Byron

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: Does BCC Image Restoration Unit Work w/ RED 5.5
by on Oct 16, 2014 at 7:11:46 pm

Byron,

The BCC Units will be able to reside in an NLE aside RED, without the two conflicting, but none of the BCC Units, including Image Restoration, will plug into RED 5.5's interface. Many of the plugs inside these Units are already inside RED 5.5, but the updated Unit versions cannot plug-into it.

As for your question, it might depend on which kind of clean-up you are conducting - for example, if you are going to try and remove wires or scratches, removing the grain could make these elements sharper for removal. However, if you are referring to general types of clean-up, such as Flicker Fixer, then I would recommend cleaning up the footage before removing noise or grain.

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

Russ FrozeRe: Does BCC Image Restoration Unit Work w/ RED 5.5
by on Oct 16, 2014 at 7:13:20 pm

Now that you mention it, it's kind of vexing me that I spent full price on Red the supposed flagship. Now I upgraded to BBC Continuum Complete 9 and Boris red 5 > does not support BBC Continuum Complete 9. Asking when Boris Red 6 is to be released I was met with silence, this can only infer that there is no plan at this time to allow Red to support new plugin architecture. So in short my full purchase price for Red 5 was a waste of cash for I could have spent the dough on BCC units for any host.

Now to your question. I have BCC Continuum Complete 8 installed and in Boris Red 5.5 there is no folder per se but most of the units plugs are in Boris Red but there is an absence of Flicker Fixer that shows up in AE, Premier and Sony Vegas Pro but alas Not in the Flagship Boris Red.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: Does BCC Image Restoration Unit Work w/ RED 5.5
by on Oct 16, 2014 at 7:50:41 pm

Magic Sharp, a filter new to the recent BCC9 release, is our latest sharpening tool. It is superior to any Unsharp Mask method common to most compositing products, RED 5 included. It is better run as a native BCC filter, meaning right from your NLE or compositor.

If you need to reduce noise, do it before the sharpening stage. Otherwise you will be sharpening noise as well as useful features.

Hope this helps.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

byron kawaneRe: Does BCC Image Restoration Unit Work w/ RED 5.5
by on Oct 18, 2014 at 4:27:54 am

Thank you for your helpful responses!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]