BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

RED 5.5 Standalone no longer exports to Quicktime. Is this on purpose?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul James ChatmanRED 5.5 Standalone no longer exports to Quicktime. Is this on purpose?
by on Sep 27, 2014 at 12:12:07 am
Last Edited By Paul James Chatman on Sep 27, 2014 at 12:13:03 am

First off, I DID search it, do don;t get me on that.

Now... RED 5.5 Standalone no longer exports to Quicktime. Is this on purpose?
I read on a blog it may have related to QT and RED not getting along in the same 64bit space.

Any real answers and solutions? Or is AVI and Targa Image streams the only export option for RED Standalone?

The blogger resulted to exporting via the RED Plugin within Vegas Pro, am I to do the same?

Thanks

related: http://blog.davidesp.com/archives/566

hello

Return to posts index

Russ FrozeRe: RED 5.5 Standalone no longer exports to Quicktime. Is this on purpose?
by on Sep 28, 2014 at 3:16:03 am

You're right the only options in 5.5 are avi or targa sequence. I guess exporting through a host is the only way now.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Paul James ChatmanRe: RED 5.5 Standalone no longer exports to Quicktime. Is this on purpose?
by on Sep 29, 2014 at 10:04:48 pm

So then no answer from BorisFX. OK to the main site then...

hello

Return to posts index

James MaconRe: RED 5.5 Standalone no longer exports to Quicktime. Is this on purpose?
by on Sep 30, 2014 at 1:17:58 pm

Paul-
It's as Russ said, as Quicktime isn't part of native support for 64 bit applications in the Windows ecosystem RED 5.5 doesn't export Quicktime formats. We'd be happy to provide a link to an earlier 32bit version for you.

Return to posts index

Robert MartindaleRe: RED 5.5 Standalone no longer exports to Quicktime. Is this on purpose?
by on Oct 11, 2014 at 2:45:48 pm

How can I get that link to the earlier version?

Return to posts index

Robert MartindaleRe: RED 5.5 Standalone no longer exports to Quicktime. Is this on purpose?
by on Nov 28, 2014 at 4:20:56 pm

Replying to my own thread....It appears you can download 32-bit version 5.2.2 from the Boris website by going to the product updates page.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]