BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris plugin for mouse pointer animation/effects and other screencast resources

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos SilvaBoris plugin for mouse pointer animation/effects and other screencast resources
by on Sep 22, 2014 at 8:45:03 pm

Hi, I've being using Camtasia Studio 8 to create screencast classes. Camtasia has very interesting resources, however its editing workflow is slower and less precise than Vegas. I can edit in Vegas at least 3x faster. Does Boris provides any Vegas plugin that could be used for mouse pointer animation/effects (e.g. rings, highlights) and by chance any other screencast resources?
Thanks!
Carlos

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: Boris plugin for mouse pointer animation/effects and other screencast resources
by on Sep 22, 2014 at 9:24:09 pm

Carlos,

Just to confirm, you're referring to the little animations that Camtasia does to signify a mouse-click during a screen-record? If so, BCC does have some effects that could be used, primarily the BCC Ripple (or maybe even the BCC Rays Ring, albeit it might be a bit dramatic). However, these effects would have to be added manually after the recording is done. If you are willing to lay the effects on the clicks afterward, I would suggest trying the trial for BCC OFX and trying those effects on your screen-capture.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

Carlos SilvaRe: Boris plugin for mouse pointer animation/effects and other screencast resources
by on Sep 22, 2014 at 9:50:18 pm

Hi Jon,

Thanks for answer!

a) I will try the BCC Ripple filter. Is it possible to change the color of the ripple from transparent to blue, red or yellow?

b) I found quite interesting the Ripple Callouts plugin for Final Cut: http://www.rippletraining.com/categories/plugins-and-templates/callouts/cal...
Does Boris provide similar Ripple Callouts functionality?

Best,
Cadu

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: Boris plugin for mouse pointer animation/effects and other screencast resources
by on Sep 23, 2014 at 2:26:57 pm

Carlos,

While there is no direct way to change the color of the ripple, there is a way to simulate it. Primarily, first you'll want to change the 'Light' to a different color, and then, in the main controls above, increase the 'Light Level' slider. You can also clean up the distortion by increasing the 'Height' while decreasing the 'Wave Width'.

As for your second question, we unfortunately don't have anything quite like that, at least as of right now.

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]