BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

adding particle array to text in Red

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dewan edwardsadding particle array to text in Red
by on Aug 14, 2014 at 10:10:08 pm

For the life of me I can't get the particles to form the text. Right now I am following boristv episode 189 but it is in Sony Vegas. Im pretty doing as he descried but when I map the color mode it doesn't change the array to set up as the text. Can someone point me to a tutorial or explain how to make turn the text to form into the particles.

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: adding particle array to text in Red
by on Aug 15, 2014 at 6:25:14 pm

I was able to get the particles to fill in the text following many of the same steps in the tutorial, but there were a few things that were different.

Primarily, you would only create a single layer of color text, and you will need to have the BCC Particle Array 3D effect applied to the text layer itself (appearing as a sub-layer), as opposed to the Particle Array 3D effect appearing as its own track in RED's timeline, which it might be doing. Once I moved the effect into the Text layer and expanded it in the X and Y dimensions, I was able to use the text color to display a fill of the text with the particles.

If you have it set up this way and it's not working, I can send you a copy of the .red file with this effect.

Return to posts index

dewan edwardsRe: adding particle array to text in Red
by on Aug 16, 2014 at 2:18:38 pm

Thanks Jon for getting back at me. I did the same as you, created the text then added the filter so that the filter is inside of the text track. It has to be an error on my part then. I'm going to take another look at it again.

On a side note, does boris happen to have anything similar to the puppet tool that is in AE?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved