BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Optical Flow - Where's the end of my video?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James HernandezOptical Flow - Where's the end of my video?
by on Jul 26, 2014 at 12:05:24 am

I have a clip that is about 3:24 long, and with slow motion it will probably end up being around 4:24 long, maybe a little less.

I have plenty of extra room in my Composition just in case.

When I slow down the Velocity of my video to 70, it's a beautiful, flowing slow-motion effect.

HOWEVER -- the clip stayed the same length so I don't see ending of my clip in slow motion. It remains 3:24 long???

How do I just make the whole clip slow-motion (I don't know or care how long the clip will be once it's all slow-motion, I just want it all slow-motion)??

Thanks for any help. :)

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Optical Flow - Where's the end of my video?
by on Aug 5, 2014 at 3:31:49 pm

Hi James,

You didn't state the host that you're using, but for this solution I'll explain how to do it in Adobe After Effects.

Start by creating a new composition that is the length of the retimed piece, which in this case is 4:24 and add the original clip to this composition. Then you'll need to make a precomp of this composition, which creates a clip with a total length of 4:24 - the video will remain 3:24 in duration and the frames in this new clip from 3:25 on will be blank. Next, apply the Optical Flow filter to the precomp. Now when you set the Optical Flow speed to 70 percent, the filter will have room to expand the video and you'll be able to see the full retimed clip.

I hope this helps,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved