BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BBC8 / optical stabiliser / Vegas 12 Pro

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stewart BourkeBBC8 / optical stabiliser / Vegas 12 Pro
by on Jun 30, 2014 at 9:17:02 pm

I have a question about how to use the Optical Stabiliser in vegas.

First, could I ask why the documentation in general does not match the parameters available for modification in Vegas?

For example what does 'set region' do - is it supposed to set the region that is stabilised, or is to to set the maximum zoom-in point? Also, where can I set the options for Translation/Rotation/Zoom - I cannot see them.

Secondly, can you suggest any good tutorial on how to use the stabilizer in vegas? Please - not FC, or premier, or AE or whatever - Vegas.

It would be really good to get an understanding on the vegas-specifics.

For example, I have some footage shot on a blackberry mobile - it is not bad quality, but as it was on a rowing boat at the time and handheld, it is not very smooth.

When I run the analyser, the footage is zoomed in by about 50%, and not very stable.

I am absolutely sure that with the proper knowledge I can get it better, but this is where I am struggling...

Any pointers would be welcome.

Thank you

Return to posts index

James MaconRe: BBC8 / optical stabiliser / Vegas 12 Pro
by on Jul 1, 2014 at 6:08:57 pm

Take a look here:

These are the new help docs for BCC and the one for optical stabilizer will help you get started. You're right though, we do need to up our image restoration game for Vegas tutorials.

The setup region mode allows you to define the region you want analyzed.

The translations and zoom will be under the post processing section of parameters.

Let us know how the project is progressing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved