BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Match Move Bug using VP13

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike HinkelMatch Move Bug using VP13
by on Jun 9, 2014 at 9:07:10 am
Last Edited By Mike Hinkel on Jun 9, 2014 at 9:35:25 am

In attempting to do a match move on a short piece of video I ran across a problem. Everything worked fine putting it to the test and tracking the object. Viewing in the preview window confirmed that the tracking worked. However, after rendering, the text did not track with the object. It remained stationary as the attached video shows. More than likely a bug in the works, but where? VP 13 or BCC9? I just attempted the same thing in Vegas 12 and got the very same thing....

Match Move Bug

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Match Move Bug using VP13
by on Jun 10, 2014 at 2:18:27 pm

Hi Mike,

This might be best handled via our support group - would you please send an email to support@borisfx.com and describe the problem to them so that they can work with you to determine where the source of the problem might be? If possible, please send them a project with steps to reproduce as that will speed the process of getting to the root of the problem.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Mike HinkelRe: Match Move Bug using VP13
by on Jun 10, 2014 at 5:32:27 pm

Peter, I brought the matter up to Jon in a chat yesterday and he asked me to try the Match Move FX using BCC8 in VP12. It does function as it should there. I will do what I can to fill your request to Boris support as time permits. Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Jun 12, 2014 at 8:57:14 pm

Peter, I just tried to recreate the issue starting from scratch and it appears that the Match Move FX is working as it should. I'm going to chalk it up to operator error. The only difference was that I put the event by itself on a new project. If I run into anymore issues I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks for your patience.

Return to posts index

John RofranoRe: Match Move Bug using VP13
by on Jun 15, 2014 at 12:32:48 pm

[Mike Hinkel] "The only difference was that I put the event by itself on a new project. "
This is really important for Vegas Pro editors to understand. When using plug-ins like Match Move or any plug-in that uses Motion Tracking, you have to think "Nested Projects"! These would be referred to as Pre-Compositions (precomp) in tools like After Effects or nested Sequences in other NLE's. The tracking data must start from the beginning of the timeline so you must create a new project, do your match moving or motion tracking, and then drop that new project into your main project as a "nested project".

Do not try and motion track or match move in the middle of a Vegas Pro project. It's not going to work properly depending on where in the project you are placing it. That's why it's always best to pace it into a new project.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

by on Jun 15, 2014 at 12:51:26 pm

Thanks John. I found this out after more than a few attempts at the same thing. It took awhile before the light came on, lol.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]