BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

No apply button FX Browser

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike HinkelNo apply button FX Browser
by on Jun 7, 2014 at 3:50:53 am

I downloaded a trial of BCC9OFX for Sony Vegas and there is no "apply" button in the browser as in the tutorial by John Rofrano. A close button is there and when clicked it crashes Sony VP13. Any answers to why this is?

Return to posts index

Mike HinkelRe: No apply button FX Browser
by on Jun 8, 2014 at 3:51:59 pm

I found that the Browser does have the apply button working from within the individual FX. My question now is why can't you assess the possibilities of all of the FX from one source for your media rather than having to do so much opening and closing?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: No apply button FX Browser
by on Jun 9, 2014 at 4:25:17 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks for downloading the software - I hope you enjoy the new features and filters.

So the way the browser works is thus: there are two versions of the FX Browser - integrated (accessed from within each individual filter) and standalone (applied as a separate filter) and they differ from each other in the following ways.

- The "integrated" FX Browser, which is accessed from within any of the filters in BCC 9 is, as you discovered, capable of providing a live action preview of any of the presets for that filter ... presets from this filter can be applied back to the host media with a simply click of the apply button.

- The "standalone" FX Browser is currently for preview purposes only and is intended as a way for users to preview the thousands of presets in BCC 9 on media of your choice. This convenient option provides a way for those who are not familiar with the filters and VFX possibilities in BCC 9 to learn about them quickly and easily.

As we continue to develop the feature set of BCC we may open this up so that both the integrated and standalone versions of the Browser will share the ability to apply a user selected preset back to the host.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Mike HinkelRe: No apply button FX Browser
by on Jun 9, 2014 at 4:39:52 pm

Thank you for your explanation, Peter. I would hope that both versions will share that ability at some point.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: No apply button FX Browser
by on Jun 10, 2014 at 1:44:27 pm

You're most welcome Mike.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]