BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Plug-in placement

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Jon MillerPlug-in placement
by on Jun 7, 2014 at 2:43:17 am

I have recently got a new Mac Pro OS 10.9.3 and installed FCP 7 and Adobe CS5.5 on it. I then installed my Boris plugins (BCC FXPlug 5.07 and BCC AE 5.01, I know they're old OK?) along with Red 4.3. Red sees the plugins fine but neither Premiere Pro or AE see the plugins. Can anyone suggest why? or if I have them in the wrong place? Thanks in advance.

Jon Miller

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: Plug-in placement
by on Jun 9, 2014 at 3:42:54 pm

BCC AE and RED will not load into CS5.5 because CS5.5 is exclusively a 64-bit Application, and as such would only be able to load 64-bit plugs, which would be BCC AE 7.0+ and Boris RED 5.

As for FCP7, the BCC effects would load here -
Macintosh HD :: Library :: Plug-ins :: FxPlug

And as for RED (installed for FCP), it would load here -
Macintosh HD :: Library :: Application Support :: Final Cut Pro System Support :: Plugins

Since FCP7 is a 32-bit program, it's more likely that BCC FxPlug 5 and RED 4 will load, but it's certainly possible that the new OSX, which does not support either (I believe the last OS supported for either was OSX 10.5 or maybe 10.6), is preventing the plugs from loading, as OSX 10.9 doesn't support FCP7 itself. One test you can try would be to see if RED 4.3 operates as a stand-alone program when launched from the Applications.

Return to posts index

William Jon MillerRe: Plug-in placement
by on Jun 10, 2014 at 1:05:16 am

Thanks Jon, that's what I needed to know.

Jon Miller

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved