BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC 8 will not show flare effect on time line footage advice please

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jenny gold
BCC 8 will not show flare effect on time line footage advice please
on May 27, 2014 at 4:24:02 am

Any idea how to get my flare effect using Continuum Complete 8 to actually show once applied to footage as my other BCC 8 effects show fine in the playback monitor

my flares for some reason do not show up once applied to time line I use sony vegas pro 12 (build 670) I have tried increasing the intensity, coverage even color still nothing seen?

reloaded sony vegas and still nothing when using flare effect both normal and their advanced flare plugin fx

Jenny

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
Re: BCC 8 will not show flare effect on time line footage advice please
on May 27, 2014 at 4:46:48 pm

Jenny,

Is the particular Flare effect you are using the "BCC Lens Flare 3D"? If so, try one of the other two Lens Flare effects, which should be in the "Obsolete" category of BCC. If these do not work either, try one of the other OpenGL specific effects, such as Glitter or Prism. Let me know if these work but the Lens Flare effect(s) will not (or if only a specific Lens Flare effect does not and other Lens Flare effects do).

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

jenny gold
on May 28, 2014 at 1:35:13 am

Hi Jon,

I applied flare both normal and 3 D using BCC 8 and simply does not show anything no effect immediately you can see in play back in the monitor unlike many of the other BCC8 you see the moment you drop on to the event etc! Hmm very strange also Glitter or Prism both again do not work...
now I presume one is supposed to see an immediate effect and nothing else setting wise to the effect I need to also do in order for glitter , prism or flare to show by the way? (as in the Boris video when he applied flare and advanced they both showed up immediately in the monitor) the flare for sony vegas itself they supply works ok...so any ideas Jon / anyone why these specific 3 effects and using BBC 8 for them inside sony vegas is not working for me please?

Jenny

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
on May 29, 2014 at 9:11:37 pm

Jenny,

Those particular effects are Graphics Card-based effects, whereas others are CPU-driven. As such, it seems like BCC is having problems accessing the Graphics Card's resources. Does BCC ever prompt any kind of OpenGL message? Is your Graphics Card's driver somewhat up to date? Lastly, how many monitors (computer monitors) are on display right now, and if you have any output monitor hooked up, is it through your Graphics Card or another output?

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

jenny gold
on May 29, 2014 at 10:29:25 pm

Oh ok thanks for getting back to me...I use a three year old 4 gig laptop maybe it is not able to do this and plug in an external monitor I will def have a not vey good graphics card as part of my laptop that came with it!

Perhaps then this is why these effects are not coming up?
I
am totally upgrading to a much higher spec laptop anyways as it happens next month so will play with the new laptop.
(No big deal just more curious why I could use BCC8 effects with others ok but not as mentioned these specific ones...)

***Actually talking of which do you know anything about a good spec for laptops for video editing ***** ( I have to use a laptop not desktop pc I live various countries throughout the year) if so, let me know and I can give the link info to two I have in mind spec wise (I presume its ok to mention the url links via amazon?)

Thanks Jenny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]