BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

How to get RED Library Browser to show current project

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus Warren
How to get RED Library Browser to show current project
on May 3, 2014 at 8:25:08 pm

How do I get the library browser to show previews using the media that I have in my current project and to insert the effect for the current project? I have done this before but all that I get now is previews with the default V1 on a the green background (and V2 over blue, depending on effect) . When I insert the effect, I have to delete what is in the current timeline to get the effect in place, and or course, it's using the V1 over green (and V2 over blue).
Thanks.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: How to get RED Library Browser to show current project
on May 7, 2014 at 4:38:10 pm

Hi Marcus,

You need to ungenerate the thumbnails and then regenerate them. Here's how:

• With the Library Browser open, observe the row of icons that are directly underneath the preview image at the top left of the browser window. The ones that we are most interested in are the two that are in the middle. One should have a plus sign and 4 squares. Click the U key on the keyboard ... notice the plus sign changes to a minus sign. Click this button and the thumbnails will un-generate. Then click the U button again and the minus sign will change to a plus sign ... click the button with the plus sign to regenerate new thumbs with the filtered image from your timeline.

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Marcus Warren
on May 8, 2014 at 3:13:01 am

I followed your "-" and "plus" instructions and I get the same results. The thumbnails continue to populate with the green V1 and/or the blue V2 even though they are deleted from the timeline and other stills are present.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on May 8, 2014 at 12:11:09 pm

Hi Marcus,

That's quite odd ... I haven't had it fail when I've followed the steps that I outlined for you. If you're using the standalone version then I might expect this result but if you've applied RED to a media clip in a host and you can't regenerate the thumbs in the Library Browser then I suspect something else might be going on. With that, I suggest you call into support and review this with them on the phone. The support line is 888 77 BORIS.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Marcus Warren
on May 8, 2014 at 11:17:03 pm

Peter, my apologies. I was not clear that I was trying this in RED standalone. The process works as you describe when using clips from the Media 100 timeline. When you mentioned "timeline" I thought that you were referring to the timeline in the RED UI.

Since you mentioned that you would not be surprised at this behavior in RED standalone, I take it that BorisFX is aware of tis bug.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on May 12, 2014 at 6:56:32 pm

Hi Marcus,

I'll add a request to the database for the keyframe thumbs to pull video from the RED timeline when in standalone mode. Ideally, we wouldn't require this use of the ungenerate and regenerate feature and the thumbs would automatically update to show the current media ... we'll see what happens regarding this feature as we near the release.

Thanks for mentioning this.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Marcus Warren
on May 13, 2014 at 1:45:01 am

And cheers to you too, Peter. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
on May 8, 2014 at 10:07:46 pm

Marcus,

When you performed the Ungenerate Thumbnails function, did you have the main Keyframe Library layer highlighted, or one of the sub-sections? I ask because it will only Ungenerate the thumbnails of the category you have selected (and any sub-categories inside) unless you have the main Keyframe Library layer hightlighted.

One other question - are you using Eye Scream presets, or are these just the normal Presets built into the software?

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]