BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

BCC8 and NewBlueFX Titler Pro 2.0

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeanine Strock
BCC8 and NewBlueFX Titler Pro 2.0
on May 2, 2014 at 12:55:56 pm

New to Media Composer 7 and New Blue Titler 2.0. I'm trying to put a light sweep on a title, just the title, to highlight the words. But it's highlighting the whole page. BCC seems to work differently in Avid DS, where I'm coming from, than in MC7. Help?

Return to posts index

Rafael Rodriguez
Re: BCC8 and NewBlueFX Titler Pro 2.0
on May 3, 2014 at 3:14:48 pm

You can use Titler lights by going to the Scene Tab inside Titler. Then turn on key framing by checking the "Turn on Key Framing" box so you can animate the lights. I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Jeanine Strock
on May 3, 2014 at 3:18:43 pm

Thank you! I will try that Monday morning.

Return to posts index

Jeanine Strock
on May 5, 2014 at 11:52:38 am

That's still not what I'm looking for. I did play with those lights the other day, found them under a different category. I really just want a light to sweep across the words. Boris has a light sweep but I can't get it to work in MC7. BCC8 seems to not have quite as many options to it as it had on the DS side.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on May 12, 2014 at 7:23:05 pm

Hi Jeanine,

If you are willing to regenerate the titles in Avid FX (which you should already have as it was bundled with MC 7) then you can use either the built-in lights or the BCC Light Sweep (in Avid FX) with full control over how the light sweep effect will interact with the title vs background video.

To apply the BCC 8 Light Sweep filter to a title with alpha and only affect the title and not the background video, you need to enable the "Apply to Title Matte" option in the BCC Light Sweep filter.

If you would like a step-by-step tutorial on any of this please let us know and we'll whip that up for you.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]