BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

External monitor advice please

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert MartindaleExternal monitor advice please
by on Apr 6, 2014 at 5:15:08 pm

Hello all,

Looking for an external monitor solution for laptops or desktops, PC or Mac. Not Thunderbolt exclusively because I have some laptops without that connection. However, I also have a Mac Pro that ONLY has that connection.

Just looking to hookup an external monitor to see the full frame HD 1920x1080 output of RED, Premiere, Avid. Don't really care about FCP.

Thank you all!

Return to posts index

John RofranoRe: External monitor advice please
by on Apr 17, 2014 at 10:14:29 am

[Robert Martindale] "Looking for an external monitor solution for laptops or desktops, PC or Mac. Not Thunderbolt exclusively because I have some laptops without that connection."
I'm really happy with my ASUS ProArt Series PA246Q. It has D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI, & DisplayPort inputs. It's a really nice 24" P-IPS panel that produces 100% of the sRGB space and 98% Adobe RGB coverage and is not too expensive and very accurate. They have a newer model now that replaces mine, the ASUS PA249Q, but I'm very happy with mine.
[Robert Martindale] "I also have a Mac Pro that ONLY has that connection."
Actually, that's a misconception that Apple really should work on. The Thunderbolt ports on any Mac (including the new Mac Pro) are DisplayPort compatible. That means you can buy a Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter and plug any monitor with a DVI connection into it (which is any monitor made in the last 10 years). They also have Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort, HDMI, and VGA, so you can get any monitor you'd like and have it work with the new Mac Pro... it doesn't have to be a Thunderbolt monitor (although that's what Apple would like you to buy)

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]