BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Boris FX Replacing Stills in an effect

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Rogalinski
Boris FX Replacing Stills in an effect
on Feb 27, 2014 at 4:33:30 am

I have a Boris effect I created in Boris (Avid) FX. It involves stills and I want to use it as a template for other effects.

How can I replace the still at the same size as the one in the template?

Is there a way to place stills on the timeline at 100% screen size instead of their actual size?

In other words, if the new picture is a much bigger size, is there a way I can substitute is for an existing picture that is a smaller size?

Thanks

Steve Rogalinski

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
Re: Boris FX Replacing Stills in an effect
on Feb 27, 2014 at 8:35:06 pm

Steve,

On its own, AvidFX/RED does not have this kind of function, but you could potentially do so with a setting that automatically scales all of your imported stills to the project resolution. If you made this effect, originally, with an image that matched the project resolution, then this should allow you to load alternate stills and have them re-size without having to manually re-sizing them to match.

If you were not using a still that matches the size of the AvidFX/RED project, then it might be easier to re-size the new image to match the old before importing it.

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

Steve Rogalinski
on Feb 28, 2014 at 3:59:36 am

Thanks so much for responding. Where would I find "a setting that automatically scales all of your imported stills to the project resolution"? That would definitely be a solution for me but I cannot find a way to do that.

Steve Rogalinski

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
on Feb 28, 2014 at 11:52:25 pm

Steve,

This is actually a function rather than a setting, so you will need to do this after importing the still, but luckily it's very quick. What you will want to do is first import the still image and then expand it so that you can see the Face track in the timeline. Highlight the Face track and in the Controls window, you should see a single tab that reads "Image Media" - inside there, click on the 'Aspect' drop-down and select 'Fit to Project Size'. This should automatically re-size the image to match.

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

Steve Rogalinski
on Mar 2, 2014 at 9:34:41 pm

Thanks, but when I do that, it just squeezes the picture to fill the frame which only works when it's the proper aspect ration. Problem is I use all types of image sizes and aspect ratios. If I pull in a still that is higher than wide, it will stretch it to fit the image using the "Fit to Project Size" option.

I know people have said to reformat it in Photoshop or some other external program, but I don't have time for something like that. A lot of the editing I do is crash editing.

Steve Rogalinski

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]