BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC 8 Chroma Key, Green Screen and Avid 6.5

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don MickBCC 8 Chroma Key, Green Screen and Avid 6.5
by on Feb 17, 2014 at 10:01:28 pm
Last Edited By Don Mick on Feb 17, 2014 at 10:07:26 pm

Once again, back to the cow for help!

So, I have footage of a guy in front of a green screen. I have a still of the oval office. I want to key out the green and have the guy sitting at the oval office desk.

i place the background oval office on v1. i place the guy in front of the green screen on V2. i then drag down bcc chroma key, use the color dropper to sample the green screen....and then nothing happens. the green changes a little bit, but it does not disappear and reveal the v1 track (background). when i go to "show matte" under the setting output, i dont see anything. its just white. no black outline of my guy, just a blank white screen.

help! what's going wrong, by all the tutorials i watch, after i sample that green with the eyedropper, the green should disappear and reveal my background track. what's going on?

Return to posts index

Don MickRe: BCC 8 Chroma Key, Green Screen and Avid 6.5
by on Feb 21, 2014 at 9:04:29 am

can anyone help me figure out why BCC chroma keyer is not keying out the green? i use it and anything barley changes at the eyedropper part :(

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: BCC 8 Chroma Key, Green Screen and Avid 6.5
by on Feb 24, 2014 at 6:11:36 pm

Thanks for providing the before and after images of your problem. I looked it over with SQA, and it seems that everything is correct, not only in terms of BCC setup, but there also wasn't anything in the Avid interface that suggested you are running in any kind of mode that might prevent this.

We'll continue to look at this, but in the meantime, do you think that you can give me about the project? Such as, what is your Resolution and Codec, and what kind of files are these (such as XDCAM, P2 or normal Quicktime files)? Also, does this happen if you toggle between 16-bit rendering and 8-bit?

If you can reproduce this with a mock-project using just a still of your foreground clip, do you think you can send me your Avid project file, along with the two images? That way, we can take a look directly into the problem first-hand.

If you can do this, please send it to

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved