BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC Film Style takes long time to render

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David MathisBCC Film Style takes long time to render
by on Dec 24, 2013 at 1:01:31 am

For some reason BCC Film Style takes several minutes to render inside Final Cut Pro X. Is there some setting I am missing? Most other filters render very quickly.

System Details:
BCC Film Style for FCP X and Motion 5
FCP X 10.1 Current version
Motion 5.1 Current version
OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks
Resolve 10.0

P.S. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: BCC Film Style takes long time to render
by on Dec 24, 2013 at 3:49:09 pm

You mention slow renders in FCPX but that you have both FCPX and Motion - have you tried this effect in Motion as well, and if so, is it slow there as well? Also, is this effect applied to a video with any other effects applied to it, or perhaps video with an alpha channel? Lastly, try loading a few alternate presets for the effect, or minimizing a few aspects, as maybe one or two parameters, if turned down, will speed up the effect. If turning down one or two specific parameters do speed up the effect, let me know and maybe we can see why those specific ones are slowing it down.

One more thing - Which exact version of BCC are you using? You should be able to find this by performing a 'Get Info' on one of the main BCC files here -
Macintosh HD :: Library :: Plug-Ins :: FxPlug

Return to posts index

David MathisRe: BCC Film Style takes long time to render
by on Dec 24, 2013 at 8:08:46 pm
Last Edited By David Mathis on Dec 26, 2013 at 9:29:38 pm

Thank you for quick reply. I just did a test by adding the BCC Film Damage filter to a single clip with no other effects applied. All settings are at their default setting, no changes made.

Currently have BCC 8 FX Plug version 8.2.0 at the moment. With the exception of LUT Utility there are no other plug-ins installed at this time.

Will try adjusting some settings over the next couple of days to see what is increasing the render time.

I noticed this in FCP 10.0.9 as well. Guessing this could be some setting I have not considered.

* Edit * I have also applied some color correction and added the BCC Film Damage, still experiencing the same render time. I applied to AVCHD footage and understand that is the not the best codec to work with. Wondering if the highly compressed nature of the format could be resulting in a longer render time. Experiencing a faster render time in other formats. Please advise if you have any further questions.

David Mathis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved