BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Avid FX: using both noise reduction and unsharpen; only the top enabled filter has an effect ???

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael McCuneAvid FX: using both noise reduction and unsharpen; only the top enabled filter has an effect ???
by on Dec 8, 2013 at 10:38:25 pm

Very basic situation: using just one video track, V1. Try to apply both noise and sharpening filters.

The goal is to have simple noise reduction applied first to some Canon 5D footage and then to apply the unsharpen filter.

I must not understand something basic in the logic here of how filters--especially multiple filters--work.

In this simple base case, the noise reduction filter works normally and as expected when it is placed above the V1 video track or when it is placed in the V1 shape face track.

Likewise, the unsharpen filter works normally and as expected either if it is the top enabled filter.

But, only the top-most enabled filter only will have its effect. That is, if both are toggled "on" then the top filter has its normal effect and the lower one has no effect.

The same precedence effect results when I place the filters within the V1 face track.

Gotta be some basic (embarrassing) logic here that I am missing. Perhaps having to do with the basic way that filter operate on the video.

I realize that this is not compositing, which relies on alpha channels for stacking effects.

Thanks,
Mike M

Return to posts index

James MaconRe: Avid FX: using both noise reduction and unsharpen; only the top enabled filter has an effect ???
by on Dec 10, 2013 at 5:34:06 pm

Hi Michael-
This sounds like something we can address at given a look at your project file. If you'd like to contact us in support we can delve a little deeper into what's going on.

James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]