BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC Motion Key problem in Sony Vegas Pro 12

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale McClellandBCC Motion Key problem in Sony Vegas Pro 12
by on Nov 8, 2013 at 2:31:56 am

After Jon Kozenko from Boris helped me on this forum a few days ago with a problem I was having with the Match Motion Unit trial in Sony Vegas Pro, I decided that I might want to buy the entire BCC. Rather than install the entire BCC, I installed the trial of the Image Restoration unit because it has some FX I am interested in, and if I can get those to work, I would buy BCC without testing the other FX.

I am having a problem with Motion Key. I may not be doing it correctly but I followed a Boris TV example, although it was for a different NLE.

With the mode set to "Setup Region", I placed a rectangle around a car that was moving away from the camera. It was shot from an elevated cross walk so the camera was higher than street level and you can see the top and back of the car as it moves away.

I then placed the Motion Tracker over one of the car's tail lights so it could track the red color of the light, and did a Vegas RAM Preview (shift-B). It tracked accurately as shown by the motion path.

When I change the mode to Show Mask, there is no red and green rectangle to show the likelihood of removing the object, like there is in the Boris TV video.

And when I change the mode to "Remove Area", nothing happens. In the Boris TV video, when the mode was change to "Remove Area", a progress dialog popped up and you could see the rendering progress. For me, nothing happens when I change to "Remove Area". There is no progress dialog and the car is not removed.

Am I missing a step?

Return to posts index

James MaconRe: BCC Motion Key problem in Sony Vegas Pro 12
by on Nov 8, 2013 at 3:06:02 pm

Hi Dale-
Did you setup the source layer parameter with your clip? You would need that to be set so the filter know what media to sample for the key.

James

Return to posts index

James MaconRe: BCC Motion Key problem in Sony Vegas Pro 12
by on Nov 8, 2013 at 3:34:04 pm

Dale-
My apologies, I spoke to soon in my previous response. Would you mind filling out the support form here so that we can run through this a little more in depth?

We'll post a response here when we have a solution.

James

Return to posts index

Dale McClellandRe: BCC Motion Key problem in Sony Vegas Pro 12
by on Nov 8, 2013 at 7:00:32 pm

Thanks, James. I have now submitted the support form.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]