BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Trouble with 3D extruding text tutorial

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Troy ThigpenTrouble with 3D extruding text tutorial
by on Nov 7, 2013 at 4:25:29 pm

Hello all,

I am using Boris Red 5 for a project I am working on. I need to rotate some text around a golf ball for an instructional video I am creating.

I am going through this tutorial (Parts 1 and 2):

In part 2, there is a step where you bring your text and the sphere image into one 3D container. At that point your text can rotate around the sphere and it looks really cool.

When I bring my sphere image into the 3D container with my text, I can no longer see it. I can see the text just fine...just not the image. I worked with this for over an hour last night and still no luck. Has anyone ever ran into this issue before? I am pretty new with working with Red and maybe I am leaving out a step? Although I think I have gone through everything step by step.

Edit: Not sure if it matters, but I am using Sony Vegas 12 with this project...although I am really just using Boris stand alone and am going to render the 3D text out as a AVI file and just add it to my Vegas timeline later.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

James MaconRe: Trouble with 3D extruding text tutorial
by on Nov 7, 2013 at 7:50:18 pm

Hi Troy-
Try giving the Sphere its own separate 3D Container outside of the one for the text. The two have to be separate to achieve the effect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved