BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

New Boris User: Is this trick possible

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff LongNew Boris User: Is this trick possible
by on Sep 29, 2013 at 2:20:57 am

Hello

I am a new user of Boris FX. I have recently purchased Corel Video Studio X6 ultimate which comes with Boris Graffiti 6. I have a question about this plugin. There is a video I saw on youtube that is a tutorial for certain moves within the game. One of the moves has an addition 7 sub-moves that are added to the original. To show this off the editor showed the original video, then zoomed out of the original video where yo use a background image with the sub-moves in a tree of videos. After a second or 2 the next move blinks, then everything zooms into the next move, it ends, then repeats the process.

Is this possible for me to accomplish with Boris Graffiti?

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: New Boris User: Is this trick possible
by on Sep 30, 2013 at 3:03:54 pm

Hello Jeff.

Just to confirm, you're describing a picture-in-picture type of arrangement with multiple video layers? If so, then unfortunately, you will not be able to do this, as Graffiti only supports a single video track. For this, I might recommend you try the trial of Boris RED; this will have the capability, although note that you will have to use RED as a stand-alone program as it does not plug into Corel.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Marcus WarrenRe: New Boris User: Is this trick possible
by on Oct 1, 2013 at 6:35:31 pm

Hi Jeff. Can you provide a link to the video that you are using as a reference? Are you wanting to replicate the moves using titles generated by Boris Graffiti? if not, is this something that you could possibly do with Corel VideoStudio X6 (or the Ultimate version) or Corel's MotionStudio?

Return to posts index

Jeff LongRe: New Boris User: Is this trick possible
by on Oct 1, 2013 at 10:59:31 pm

This is the video here:

it starts at the 00:45 mark.

Does Graffiti allow for more than one photo track?

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: New Boris User: Is this trick possible
by on Oct 2, 2013 at 10:08:01 pm

Jeff,

Actually, given the MGS example in your video, it is possible to do this using a round-about method; note that this can only be done with stills, not video clips. However, if you make a still of the first frame of the incoming video, you can use Graffiti to cheat a Transition.

The method you would have to follow would be to first export the first frame of the next video file (as well as other frames to give the grid-style appearance), and then place the second clip right after the first clip in the host timeline. Then, in Graffiti, create a series of Solid Color tracks, and condense them - when you do so, on the Timeline, each Solid Color should show an eye-drop to the right - click on this, and you should be prompted with a list of alternate options, one being 'Still Image File'. Select this, and point Graffiti to the Still. This is how you can import the images. After that, you can place them all into a 3D Container track, and then individually arrange them into the Grid pattern (make sure that Position and Scale have Interpolation set to Constant). Once you've done this, you can control the X/Y/Z parameters of the 3D Container, and the entire Grid will move accordingly.

Admittedly this is a round-about method, but it should allow you to perform this in Graffiti.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]