BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Avid - 'Conform File Not Found' when moving up versions

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Steventon
Avid - 'Conform File Not Found' when moving up versions
on Aug 13, 2013 at 11:50:34 am

Hey folks,

I'm not sure if anyone on here can help, but I'll ask anyway. We're in the process of updating the edit suites, and one consequence of this is that anyone who has been using an older suite (Avid v3.5) with v5.0.4 of Boris AVX has all they're effects reset when moving to a new suite (V5.5 with Boris v7).

I get an error message "Unable to find conform file for; (insert the Boris effect here) Please re-install BCC. This effects parameters will be set to default".

Re-installing makes no difference of course. Is there anything we can do to migrate the effect parameters? Or do we just need to hasten the upgrade of the rest of the suites?

Thanks,

John

John Steventon
Senior Editor, BBC Scotland
"Success is merely a failure to imagine more..."

2.26 Dual Quad Nehalem Mac Pro (11Gb Ram) / 2 x 23inch Apple Displays / FCP 6.05 / Decklink HD Extreme 3 + Multibridge / JVC HD Monitor / Atto Celerity Fibre Channel with Infortrend 6.5tb Raid 5 Storage / And a smile.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Avid - 'Conform File Not Found' when moving up versions
on Aug 13, 2013 at 2:48:24 pm

Hi John,

I'd suggest a call or email on to support for the fastest response to this type of query (email: support@borisfx.com, phone: 888.772.6747). I'll forward this message on to one of our tech support staff members and ask them to get in touch with you to help sort this out.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

John Steventon
on Aug 13, 2013 at 4:03:03 pm

Thanks Peter. And apologies to anyone reading this for my poor typo - using 'they're' instead of 'their'.

:-)

J

John Steventon

2.26 Dual Quad Nehalem Mac Pro (11Gb Ram) / 2 x 23inch Apple Displays / FCP 6.05 / Decklink HD Extreme 3 + Multibridge / JVC HD Monitor / Atto Celerity Fibre Channel with Infortrend 6.5tb Raid 5 Storage / And a smile.

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
on Aug 13, 2013 at 5:55:37 pm

John,

The error that is coming up means that the effects you had in your previous projects were AVX_1.5; BCC 5 did provide both AVX_1.5 and AVX_2, but BCC 7 is only AVX_2. You should, however, be able to 'Promote' the effects to 'Advanced Keyframes' (thus promoting them from AVX_1.5 to AVX_2) in the Effect Editor. This should allow your new BCC 7 installation to read these existing effects.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

John Steventon
on Aug 16, 2013 at 9:57:21 am

Thanks for replying,but sadly, I was told incorrect version numbers. We’re trying to jump from 3 to 7 it seems – not 5 to 7. And unless it’s hidden somewhere, there’s no Advanced Keyframe promotion option on BCC3.

Thanks for your help though, we'll just need to speed up the upgrade process, and factor in time to re-create the effects!!

John

John Steventon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]