BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

How do I use Boris AE transfer with Calibrated {Q} mxf?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
amanda duncanHow do I use Boris AE transfer with Calibrated {Q} mxf?
by on Jul 23, 2013 at 5:59:55 pm

I have Boris AE transfer but it of course doesn't bring in the media so kind of worthless, but I saw on here to use it with Calibrated {Q} MXF software. I've downloaded the demo but don't know the workflow to make it work. Can anyone give me some tips on what to do with this?
thanks

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: How do I use Boris AE transfer with Calibrated {Q} mxf?
by on Jul 23, 2013 at 8:42:30 pm

Amanda,

You mention Calibrated Q - as such, are the MXF files from a Camera, versus somewhere else like an Avid system? Are you looking to use the Transfer AE to load the MXF media directly into After Effects? If so, which version of After Effects are you using? I ask this because After Effects CS6 should be able to read MXF files natively (no Calibrated translation necessary), in which case the MXF files would load into a Transferred project as any other media (such as .mov) files would.

What is the path, from first editor to the second, are you looking to Transfer (ie, FCP to AE)? Also, will you be going from one system to another, or will you be performing this Transfer on one system?

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

amanda duncanRe: How do I use Boris AE transfer with Calibrated {Q} mxf?
by on Jul 23, 2013 at 9:21:10 pm

thanks Jon,
CS6 does have the native MXF ability but when I brought in the sequence from AVID none of the media was there so I thought it was some issue with the AVID codec after it's brought into AVID.
I'm working on one system just trying to use Transfer AE to export the sequence as an .aaf like the guide said to do and import it into AE manipulate it there and send it back into the AVID. I'm 64bit PC with the most current version of Transfer. If I don't need Q that's fine but why am I not seeing my video?
thanks
amanda

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: How do I use Boris AE transfer with Calibrated {Q} mxf?
by on Jul 24, 2013 at 9:35:43 pm

Amanda,

This could indeed be a codec issue, but there are two quick (and free) tests you can conduct. First, if none of the media is coming in online (and is failing to reconnect), try starting a New Project in After Effects, and try importing one of these MXF files from Avid into it. If it works, the the problem is with the project/AAF, but if not, then it's with After Effects reading that MXF type. The second test would be to try the trial of Calibrated Q's MXF Importer; if After Effects is unable to load any of this MXF media, even in a New Project, on its own, then this trial for Calibrated Q's MXF Importer will load, I believe, the first half of the imported MXF clip once installed. This will show you if you need the Calibrated Q software installed to get After Effects to load these particular MXF files.

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]